Saturday, March 28, 2009

On the Nest

It has been a while since my last post, and a lot has happened. The biggest event in my life, ever, other than getting married, happened about a week before Christmas when I saw the bright blue plus sign staring up at me from the little white stick. Pregnant? Me? From that very moment I became a different person. Mostly a sick person, but definitely different.

The weeks and months that followed have been filled with doctors' appointments, ultrasounds, eating, puking, more eating and more doctor's appointments. I've been stabbed, stuck, probed, and generally exposed to multiple humiliations (including puking at my own birthday party), and I'm only halfway through!

BUT, lest you think me an unfit, complaining mother, I must tell you how much I fell in love with that little alien in the ultrasound photo, and how amazing it was to see her little hands punching me in the gut, and her little feet swirling in the air. I even loved seeing her teensy bladder full of pee (although I have a feeling that thrill will leave me after a few days of changing diapers.)

At this point I'm halfway through, due August 16. I'm still waiting to get over the "morning sickness" (which is such a misnomer. It is NOT just in the morning) but I have hope that it will be soon. In the meantime I'm waiting to feel her first movement, and looking for names (which is SO hard, you have no idea.) If you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them. Although, I must warn you, I tend to be a bit picky, since I've pretty much heard them all!

I'll try to keep you updated on the progress. So far so good, praise the Lord! I am so grateful for an apparently healthy baby. I just pray that I can keep her that way once she gets here!